House of God Worship Center affectionately takes its name from the meaning of the Hebrew word, “Bethel”. We’re a nondenominational community of believers joined together by faith and spiritually equipped by the vision and insight of Bishop Garry T. Rodgers. Founded in 2006, (HOGWC) started with only 3 members and no set place to worship. Only 8 years later, the congregation has grown tremendously. Now with 2 Virginia Locations, and a vast membership reaching the Central United States and Midwest Region, our future couldn’t look any brighter. We are committed to the empowerment of the community through Charity, Hope, and most importantly the spreading of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. A catalyst for entrepreneurship in the community, it has become one of the fastest growing premier churches in the Hampton Roads Area. We invite you to come and Grow with Us!!!
House of God Worship Center has 8 Core Values, which are the foundation for everything that we do.
- God First – The holy scriptures say; “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” So in everything that we do, it’s important we remember to always keep God at the center
- Accountability – Accountability is the check and balance system that protects us from harming others as well as ourselves. This is accomplished by being open and honest in thought and deed, by doing so we can receive encouragement and reproof, when needed.
- Integrity - We exhibit integrity though obedience and practicing the moral code of ethics, values, and principles found in God’s word. Integrity in practice will produce honor, truth, and reliability in our daily lives.
- Giving - We provide the motivational drive to conserve and share resources in order to meet someone else’s need. Givers take special delight in discovering the needs of others that often go overlooked and then meeting those needs. The scriptures tell us to give, and it shall be given unto us.
- Development – Our goal is to uplift one another, to inspire, groom, and mold our brothers and sisters into new creatures in Christ.
- Leadership - As servant leaders we work together to help people flourish and achieve their full potential in the service of a common, higher purpose.
- Service – Uplifting our ministry and our communities by educating, providing resources, interceding, all in the name of our Lord. It is written; “If any man serve me, let him follow me, and where I am there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.”
- Outreach - We exist to bring glory to God and to extend our services to the community. We are committed to enhance the community and yearn to see the Kingdom of God come and His will done in our lives and in the lives of all people in our surrounding cities.